Monday, August 17, 2009

9.58 seconds!! Usain Bolt's new 100 metres WORLD RECORD!!!


The greatest of all time - Usain Bolt....!!!!!

Tyson Gay ran 9.71 secs and set an American record, but he still finished second in the just concluded 100 metres men final at the World Athletics Championship in Berlin.



Instead, the Jamaican legend, Usain Bolt, smashed his own world record to win the race in 9.58 seconds!!!!!

Despite the historic winning time, Usain Bolt has promised to put his celebrations on hold, to concentrate on his next event - the 200 metres, where he is also the current world record holder at 19.30 seconds!!!

Bolt, the triple Olympic champion and the greatest athlete of all time, stormed to victory in the Berlin Olympic Stadium in 9.58 seconds, emphatically beating the old world record mark of 9.69secs he set in the Beijing Olympics last year.

The defending champion Tyson Gay set an American record of 9.71 to take the silver, with the former world record holder, another Jamaican, Asafa Powell third in 9.84.

Britain's Dwain Chambers was sixth in 10.00, a season's best for the 31-year-old.

Bolt's coach Glen Mills had predicted after the Olympics that his protege could run 9.54 and was so nearly proved spot on.

Unlike in Beijing, this time Bolt's shoelaces remained tied and there was no celebrating with arms outstretched metres from the line.

"I came out here to do my best and I did what I had to do," Bolt said. "There'll be no partying for me ahead of Tuesday. I'll rest up as always, I need to rest up for the 200m."

Gay, who ran the third fastest time ever and was still comfortably beaten, said: "I ran the best I could. I just wanted to give my best tonight, it wasn't enough but I'm happy to have the national record. I knew I had to put out a championship performance. I gave it my best and that's all I could do."

Powell, who has been struggling with an ankle injury this season, added: "I was relaxed before the race. A lot of things have happened this year but to come back and get third place, I'm very happy.

"When I saw the time, I knew I had to go out and catch him. But even after the finish I couldn't catch him."

Chambers, who had only finished second behind Simeon Williamson in the trials last month, saw his "Project Bolt" come to nothing but could have reason to be pleased with his performance at the age of 31.

"It doesn't get any easier when you get older but it's all worth it. Competing against the rest of the world is great," he added. I am going to recuperate, have fun with the rest of the team and get ready for the 200m and have fun."

Hail to Usain Bolt!!! Your are definitely the greatest!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
TopOfBlogs