Monday, October 18, 2010

How an Iranian website helped increase visits to my blog by 1,000 folds!!



I started blogging since December 2008 as a small time, naive part time blogger.

At first, i am not into blogging, but rather interested to do something else which brings much fun eg. beer guzzling and of course eye-stalking any sexy women who happened to pass by.

I started blogging because my brother is an active blogger and he get paid for that!!

At first, i received 0 (a big fat zero visit).

But after slowly learning the trade, the tricks and reading other super bloggers' blogs, i started getting maybe 20 - 30 visits per day.

But an incredible thing happened one fine day.

While lazily and sleepily browsing my blog on one Friday morning, 15th October 2010, i saw that there are 8,300++ visitors to my blog.

Hmmm.. This is totally impossible.!!

Heck I thought... something is very wrong with the computer or maybe some computer savy jackass from Bucharest, hijacked the internet superhighway.

The next day, the visits continued to soar spectacularly to over 15,000 visits on Saturday, 16th October 2010 alone.!!!!!



That is almost 15K uniques in ONE day - that is totally impressive, far beyond my wildest dreams.

The next day, Sunday, 17th October 2010, i thought i am the new super blogger in Malaysia and is ready to say Bye Bye to Kenny Sia, Rocky Bru, Beautiful Nara, Tun Dr Mahathir, Xia Xue, Obama, JFK and Xingwei as the new undisputed blogger of the world.!!!

But after 3 days, the traffic was back to normal!!!

After doing a little CSI - Crime Scene Investigation - i found out that the sudden soar was solely contributed by balatarin.com, an Iranian digg-like portal.

The operation language of the portal is Persian.

My article with URL
http://easycomeseasygoes.blogspot.com/2009/03/physical-virginity-tests-in-africa.html
was posted on balatarin.com by user "mova" on 15th October 2010 and
immediately was a hit.

As of the time of writing, it has had more than 21,000 clicks, 52
comments and 194 "diggs" or Balatarins???

The translated balatarin.com entry:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=fa&tl=en&u=http://balatarin.com/permlink/2010/10/15/2222205&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhg7l1QOpsQsD4pMfuYhrxe0SLMIDQ

Thank you very much Balatarin!! We Love you Iran...Stay beautiful Isfahan!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am from Iran and I am so happy for that I could see your weblog. As 21000 visitors of your weblog, I found your weblog through "balatarin.com".
But latter post that you have written about balatarin and Iran isn't welcome in Iranian mentalities. Balatarin is hostile to the Ayatollahs and Ahmadinejad. This website is well-know for democracy and opposition with Iranian regime and it has been filtered in Iran by government. I was member of this website in past and my username was "bugun" and originally I am Iranian human rights activist, trying to reach national rights of Iranian Turks (south Azerbaijan), that have deprived from membership in balatarin. Despite of that balatarin have deprived me from action in that website but I should say that your notion from balatarin is wrong. I say those details because you don’t think that I am lying. I think you don’t know about facts that exist in Iran. At the same time, you thank from Balatarin, Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad while Ahmadinejad is a dictator that suppresses opposition groups and Balatarin is a media that provide free ambience for Iranian freedom fighters. I mean you set dictators and democrats in same row and position.

Malaysian Hollywood 2.0 said...

Dear Anonymous...i am very sorry for the last sentences where i mentioned Ahmadinejad.. i already retracted that Ahmadinejad name from this post. I didnt know that not all Iranians like or support him.. Anyway thanks for Balatarin..

Tamparuli Hardcore said...

You are born to become a marvelous informer and a magnificent story teller.

Malaysian Hollywood 2.0 said...

Thanks Tamparuli Hardcore... Aramai tieeee... Avasi Montok Diau!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
TopOfBlogs