Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sabah Chief Minister, Datuk Seri Musa Aman not contesting UMNO Vice President or Supreme Council post, 15 September 2013



It's all yours Hishamuddin, Zahid Hamidi, Ali Rustam and Shafie Apdal.

Musa not contesting for VP or MT post.

KOTA KINABALU, 15 Sept 2013: Chief Minister Datuk Seri Panglima Musa Hj Aman announces that he will not be contesting the Vice President or Supreme Council seat in the upcoming UMNO elections.

"After much consideration and consultation among my peers in the party including Sabah UMNO exco. I have decided not to run for both posts," he said in a statement today.

Musa who is Sabah Umno Liaison Chief said Sabah was a huge state and there was still much to be done to further develop the state and improve the overall welfare of the people,” he said in a statement today.

“This requires my undivided attention and my full commitment," he said

Musa said he has informed the Umno President, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak on his decision not to contest.

He also said that Sabah Umno maintained that the posts of Umno President and Deputy president should not be challenged.

"I am committed to Umno and its cause and will give my undivided support to the leadership of the party under its President, Datuk Seri Najib," he said.

He said it took time for him to decide on whether to contest for any of the posts due to the many requests asking him to do so.

"I wish to thank all those who have the confidence in me and who voiced their support for me to contest. However, today I wish to end the speculation and state my final decision," he said.

END.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
TopOfBlogs