Thursday, January 19, 2012

Malaysian rapist and murderer who fled to Australia, finally arrested after 6 years on the run.

For six years, the Malaysian police kept an eye on all airports and entry points in Malaysia for a businessman who fled the country after the gruesome rape and murder of a young woman.

When the businessman in his 30s finally returned on Tuesday evening, 17th January 2012, the long arm of the law was waiting for him at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

Policemen arrested the man, took him to the magistrate’s court and obtained a seven-day remand order to facilitate investigations into the murder of Chee Gaip Yap.

The 25-year-old marketing executive was raped and brutally stabbed while jogging in the neighbourhood of Taman Ria Jaya at 2.35am on January 15, 2006.

The suspect, who holds Australian permanent residence status, had been on the police wanted list since 2006 when they found that his DNA sample matched the DNA found on the victim.

By the time police went to his house, he had fled the country.

Kedah CID chief Assistant Commissioner Zakaria Ahmad confirmed the arrest.

He said police had never closed the unsolved murder case and reviewed it every two months.

“We have been working with our counterparts at all airports and entry points. We hope that with the arrest, we will be able to solve the case,” he said.

It was believed that Chee, a Universiti Utara Malaysia graduate, could have been tailed by her assailant, kidnapped and taken elsewhere to be raped and killed before her body was dumped near the housing estate.

It was reported that 12 people were arrested to facilitate investigations into the case. However, all of them were released as there was no evidence to link them to the murder.

The victim’s father Chee Ah Sau, 56, praised the police for the arrest.

“We have waited a long time for the case to be solved. I hope justice will prevail,” he said.

Congratulations to the Malaysian Cop. Bravo!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...