Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gut feeling saved 2 Malaysian students from Moscow Train blast

24 year old, Hoong Hua Seng from Banting, Selangor, Malaysia was probably standing or seated next to the suicide bomber in the Moscow metro train, but he and a fellow Malaysian student escaped the blast, thanks to gut-feeling.

Video above showed the aftermath after the train subway tragedy in Moscow, Russia. 2 explosions ripped through Moscow's underground metro train system, as it was jam-packed with rush-hour passengers on Monday 29 March 2010, killing 39 people and injuring at least 40 others. Officials said female suicide bombers are behind the double blasts twin attacks.

Commuters injured by a bomb blast at the Park Kultury subway station in Moscow wait for medical care just outside the station shortly after the explosion Monday, March 29, 2010.

Police are put on high alert after Monday's subway blasts. Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin vowed Tuesday to "drag out of the sewer" the masterminds of the twin suicide bombing of the Moscow subway system that killed 39 people and left scores wounded. Russia observes a national day of mourning.

People lay flowers and grieve at the site of an explosion at the Park Kultury subway station in Moscow. Flowers overflowed Tuesday from tables in two Moscow subway stations in memory of the 39 passengers killed in the tragedy as Russia observes a national day of mourning.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev lays flowers at the Lubyanka Subway station platform.

U.S. Ambassador John Beyrle lays flowers at the sight of a explosion at Lubyanka subway station in Moscow, Russia, Tuesday, March 30, 2010.

Valentina Yegiazarian who lost her granddaughter Valentina, a student, in the subway blast, cries after an identification procedure and seen outside a morgue in central Moscow on Tuesday, March 30, 2010. Monday's attacks shocked a country that had grown accustomed to such violence being confined to a restive southern corner, and marked the return of terrorism to the everyday lives of Muscovites after a six-year break.

An Emergency Ministry psychologist, right, helps a woman after an identification procedure outside a morgue in central Moscow on Tuesday, March 30, 2010.

Russian state flag is half staff over Moscow's Kremlin on Tuesday, March 30, 2010.

Clergymen conduct a religious service for those killed in subway explosions at Christ the Saviour Cathedral in Moscow, Russia, Tuesday, March 30, 2010.

People stand at the sight of the explosion at Lubyanka subway station in Moscow.

Commuters pass by the flowers laying at the Lubyanka Subway station.

MOSCOW, Russia, Tuesday, 30th March 2010 : A gut feeling saved final-year medical student from Banting, Selangor, Malaysia, Hoong Hua Sheng (pic above) and his coursemate Sim Eih Xing from almost certain death in the second blast that rocked Moscow at the Park Kultury metro station.

Hoong was travelling onboard the train when he suddenly decided to get off at the station, seven stations before their stop at Moscow Medical Academy.

Just as the two stepped out of the train, the coach exploded. The suicide bomber had been among the commuters in the coach.

The Moscow Medical Academy student said he had felt uneasy after hearing of the first blast which happened 45 minutes earlier at the Lubyanka station.

When the train stopped at the Park Kultury metro station at about 8.30am, Hoong pulled Sim, who was with him in the train, out of the packed coach.

“I was reading a book but I had a bad feeling ... that a second blast could occur.

“I just called out to Sim to get out of the train. When the doors opened, we quickly got off,’’ he added.

“True enough, just as we were walking away, the coach we were in exploded. There were people screaming. We were really, really lucky,” he told The Star in a telephone interview.

Hoong said they tried to stay calm and find a way out from the underground metro to the street.

“It was chaotic as the attack happened during rush hour,” said Hoong, who was on his way to a surgery lecture.

Hoong said he shuddered to think that the suicide bomber could have been really near him in the wagon.

“But I do not recall seeing anyone suspicious,’’ added the 24-year-old student from Banting.

Hoong only had his hair slighty singed from the explosion while Sim suffered injuries to his left leg.

“Sim is okay. I took him to the ambulance after we got out of the station but as the staff had their hands full, we were told to walk to the nearby hospital,” he said.

Hoong said there were other Malaysian students on the same train but they too escaped unhurt.

Well, this is very true. Sometimes instincts or gut feelings or sheer luck, saved us.

We have heard of countless reports and cases of people around the world who were saved when the flights or ships or trains that they were supposed to board, crashed, sunk or derailed. God Bless..

source - the star online, Russia Today and Associated Press

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...