Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Malaysian man, charged with the murder of French tourist, Stephanie Foray, 23rd August 2011

The murder of French tourist, Stephanie Foray, shocked Malaysians as killing of foreign tourists are very very rare in Malaysia.

Pahang, the largest state in Peninsular Malaysia, is also home to Tioman, an enchanting island in the South China Sea . The Tioman island is blessed with a beautiful coastline, which offers endless tropical bliss for sun-seekers. However this island also witnessed the brutal death of a young French woman on the night of May 10 2011. Stephanie Foray breathed her last, far away from home. Rest in Peace.

Today, Tuesday 23rd August 2011, a Malaysian trader was charged in the Magistrate's Court in Pekan, Pahang with the murder of French tourist Stephanie Foray.

Asni Omar, the bastard beast from Hell being led by Malaysian Police at the Magistrate Court in Kuantan, Pahang on 23rd August 2011.

The brutal killer, Asni Omar, 36, just nodded when the charge was read before Magistrate Emma Shahriana Ali. No plea was recorded.

Asni is charged with murdering Foray, 30, at an unnumbered house in Kampung Tekek, Pulau Tioman between 8 pm on May 10, 2011 and 12 noon on Aug 12, 2011.

It was believed that Foray and the suspect Asni Omar, had been drinking together on the island and she was later killed after refusing his sexual advances, the New Straits Times quoted police sources as saying.

Asni faces the mandatory death sentence by hanging if found guilty under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

Emma Shahriana then ordered the case to be transferred to the High Court but did not set any date for the trial to start.

Prosecution is by Deputy Public Prosecutor Amalina Zainal Mokhtar.

Foray, a civil servant from Bour-en-Bresse, France, was reported missing since May 8, 2011.

Before arriving in Malaysia, Foray toured India.

She was reportedly last seen alive on the island on May 8, 2011.

She was said to be among more than 90 passengers who arrived in Tioman by ferry from Mersing and there was no record of her leaving the island, either by sea or by air.

The Malaysian police immediately launched an investigation following a report lodged by her family through the French embassy in Singapore, and found that Foray had gone to Pulau Tioman on May 10, 2011 and had not left the island since.

Further probe into the case led police to the discovery of human skeletal remains buried three metres deep in a cave at Tekek village on Monday, August 8, 2011, almost 3 months after her reported disappearance.

Blood samples have been collected from two family members of Foray to help in identifying the remains of Foray.

Foray's mother and sister arrived at the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital morgue in Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia on 12 August 2011.

It was learnt that they had flown in to Kuala Lumpur from France on Thursday, 11th August 2011 and reached Kuantan at about 7pm the same day.

Meanwhile the Malaysian police has given the assurance that Pulau Tioman is safe and tourists need not fear threats to their safety and security.

Pahang police chief Datuk Sharifuddin Abdul Ghani added that the murder case of French citizen Stephanie Foray was an isolated case and those responsible will be dealt according to the law.

“Tourists and residents on the island should not worry about their personal safety,” he was reportedly said by the Malaysian media.

Sharifuddin also conveyed his condolences to Foray’s family.

Well condolences to the Foray families, may justice be served swiftly. Rest in Peace Stephanie Foray, the killer has been found and will be ekecuted very soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...